National Publicity Secretary of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Olisa Metuh who was ordered by Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Friday to be remanded in Kuje prison, has described his arrest and the entire probe of the $2.1b arms fund as ploy to by the Buhari administration to distract Nigerians.
Metuh was arrested and is facing trial for receiving N400 million from the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, while the said sum is believed to be part of a $2.1 billion meant for arms procurement but which was allegedly diverted by Mr. Dasuki. PDP’s New Media Director, Deji Adeyanju who visited Metuh at the Kuje Prison on Saturday, brought out the embattled politicians messages in a series of tweets over the weekend.
According to Adeyanju, Metuh did not show any sign of giving up on the fight to maintain his innocence on the matter for which he is being prosecuted. Metuh reportedly said his arrest was a ploy by Buhari to distract Nigerians from “the real issues”. “This is what they want to do for the next 3 years. Distracting Nigerians from the real issues,” Adeyanju quoted Metuh as saying. Continuing, Metuh reportedly blasted the Buhari administration of having no better plans of alleviating the sufferings of Nigerians rather.
“All they wanted was for me to go into details of how I spent the N400m I was given, then they arrest those people and start showing them on TV… showing people on news and shouting corruption. They have nothing to offer this nation. No economic plans or plans to create jobs, etc. they want to continue distracting Nigerians,” Adeyanju further quoted Metuh in his tweet. “They want to rubbish PDP and kill our party in the process, but they have failed already. All they want to do is to rubbish me and show the whole world that I am corrupt. They want to be putting the story over the news, etc. Deji, my joy, is that they didn’t succeed in what they wanted to do with me. They wanted me to be calling people’s names,” Metuh continued.

Explaining further, the PDP chieftain said he had, before his arrest, told his children about “what truly happened”, that he was only carrying out an assignment given to him by the ex-president, Goodluck Jonathan. “My son later that night called his sisters and briefed them on all I said to him and told them “daddy will be arrested but this is the truth. Then I said it is good you know the truth now so that when they start their lies, it will not affect you and your sisters. I asked him if I did anything wrong by carrying out the assignment given to me by the then president, he said NO. I showed him all the evidence of how I spent the money which the president gave me and all the people given with receipts. I narrated to my son how the then president called me and asked me to carry out an assignment for him.” He alleged that the whole arms deal fraud case was a lie created by Buhari to get back at Dasuki, emphasizing that only Dasuki could explain why he is being hunted by the Presidency. “… the Buhari regime created everything to get back at Dasuki…the Dasuki trial is a personal vendetta only Dasuki could explain. That he spoke with so many people including contractors in EFCC and they told him the arms GEJ bought was more than $2.1b.
Chief Raymond Dokpesi explained to me that there was nothing like the N2.1b arms deal fraud. That it was all a creation of the Buhari government. My joy is that before I was arrested, I went to see Chief Raymond Dokpesi in the company of my only son and he explained everything to me”. Metuh then went ahead to state his position on his prosecution, saying he is unbendable by the present circumstances.
“If they are doing this to intimidate Olisa Metuh, then they do not know who Olisa Metuh is. Tell them Buhari cannot break us. Tell them we will never be afraid of Buhari. Tell them to continue doing what they are doing. Buhari is not God and we will never worship him… tell every of our supporters out there to be strong,” Adeyanju ended his tweets

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Archive

Designed by Damoshe. Powered by Blogger.

About

My name is Ademola Babatunde,the former Student Union President of Polytechnic of Ibadan. I have created this blog to give you top class news on politics. Enjoy and God bless

Random Posts

Business

Featured Video

Thank God It's Payday

Advert

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Technology

Business

Fashion

Comments

Pages